Meet the lovely Apeks MTX-R Regulator
The MTX-R is based on the MTX, a regulator that was developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test. Innovations in design mean that the MTX-R regulator performs in almost freezing water at a depth of over 60 metres, something that very few other regulators on the consumer market can boast. With an innovative first stage design that helps to prevent ice build up around the diaphragm, the MTX-R is reliable, rugged and expedition ready.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances. Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance. Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions. Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting. Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation. Superb protection from impact damage on both the 1st and 2nd stage. Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow. Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort. Patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water. Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test. Tested for Octopus use to 60 metres in cold water.
Apeks MTX-R Regulator DETAILS
- Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10°C / 50°F)
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in thehose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Over-moulded innovative endcap and environmental diaphragm, a forged1st stage body offering maximum thermal performance.
- The 5th 3/8” UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold waterconditions.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Tested for Octopus use – EN250A cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O² outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O² must use an M26 Connection.
- High performance, pneumatically balanced, lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chromeplated brass plate improving durability of the second stage.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protectthe second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Double swivel hose
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.